About Electronic Visa to Vietnam
Vietnam e-Visa was introduced in 2017 by the Vietnamese Government to facilitate the visa application process for certain nationals who wish to visit Vietnam for short-term tourism, business, or transit purposes.
An electronic visa for Vietnam is issued as a single-entry visa allowing one visit that may last maximally 30 days. The Vietnamese visa remains valid for 30 days as well.
Travelers from e-Visa eligible countries will only need to prepare a valid passport and their recent face photo to submit the Vietnam Visa Application. Vietnam e-Visa requirements couldn't be less complex! Applying for a visa online will save a lot of time and money as applicants do not even need to leave their homes.
Grab your electronic device, check your Internet connection and apply for a Vietnam e-Visa. The approved document will reach your email inbox within maximally 5 business days.
Use the Vietnamese online visa system and avoid paying stamping fees and wasting time on standing in long lines to get a visa on arrival in Vietnam!
Types of Online Visas for Vietnam
There is only one type of Vietnam e-Visa, which allows visiting Vietnam for the following purposes:
- business: all kinds of business-related activities in Vietnam, including handling business affairs, looking for new business partners, negotiating contracts, or discussing future cooperations (excluding taking up employment in Vietnam, which requires a work permit);
- tourist visa: allows all kinds of leisure activities, including vacation, family and friends reunions, and exploring Vietnam’s tourist attractions;
- transit: entering Vietnam only for a transit stop before reaching the final destination in another country.
Application Process for Vietnam e-Visa
Grab your mobile phone, laptop, or any other electronic device connected to the Internet and sit back in your chair. Next, follow these simple steps to get the approval of your online visa delivered directly to your email address:
- Indicate your travel purpose and fill out the online form with the required details. Attach your face photo and your passport's bio-data page copy.
- Cover the e-Visa service fee of 79 Euro. For this reason, use one of the available methods of online payment, e.g., PayPal or credit/debit card.
- Refresh your email inbox and check for the confirmation number.
The approved Vietnam e-Visa will arrive in a PDF file to your email address. Don't forget to print it out and take its physical copy for your Vietnamese trip.
If you have any questions at any step of your visa application, don't hesitate to contact our visa consultants via phone, mail, or contact form.
Vietnam e-Visa Validity Period
The Vietnamese visa is issued for 30 days. The validity period starts on the day before the intended date of entry to Vietnam. A holder of a single-entry Vietnamese e-Visa may enter Vietnam once and stay maximally 30 days in the country. A traveler should leave Vietnam before the visa's expiration. It is essential to enter the correct arrival date when making an online visa application to ensure that the e-Visa will have proper validity.
Please note that you may extend your Vietnam e-Visa covering an additional fee. For visa extension purposes, you need to contact the local Immigration Department Office.
Eligible countries for a visa to Vietnam
Currently, citizens of 80 different countries may benefit from online visa applications and get Vietnam e-Visa entirely online. These countries include:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- East Timor
- Hong Kong (SAR)
- Korea, South
- Macau (SAR)
- Macedonia (North)
- Marshall Islands
- Myanmar (Burma)
- New Zealand
- Russian Federation
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
* Except holders of Chinese e-passport.
Please note that certain nationals may visit Vietnam without a visa as long as their stay will not exceed a stipulated length of time. Check the specific time frames on the below list of visa-exempt countries whose nationals may enter Vietnam visa-free:
- Philippines: up to 21 days
- Chile: for visits of up to 90 days
- Cambodia, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand: visits of up to 30 days
- Brunei, Myanmar: up to 14 days
- Belarus, Denmark, Italy, France, South Korea, Spain, Japan, Norway, Russia, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Finland: up to 15 days
Important! Citizens of countries allowed to stay in Vietnam for up to 15 days must remember that a 1-month break must separate their every single visit.
For visiting Vietnam for longer than 14,15,21 days, it will be necessary to apply for an e-Visa prior to the intended trip.
Vietnamese ports accepting e-Visas
Vietnam e-Visa applicants must know that not all Vietnamese entry ports recognize the electronic visa systems. When making an online application, a traveler should choose one of the following entry ports in Vietnam through which they plan to enter the country.
- Lao Bao
- Lao Cai
- Moc Bai
- Mong Cai
- Na Meo
- Nam Can
- Bo Y
- Cau Treo
- Cha Lo
- Ha Tien
- Huu Nghi
- La Lay
- Song Tien
- Tay Trang
- Tinh Bien
- Xa Mat
- Noi Bai Int Airport (Ha Noi)
- Phu Bai Int Airport
- Phu Quoc International Airport
- Tân Sơn Nhất Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Cat Bi Int Airport (Hai Phong)
- Cam Ranh Int Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Can Tho International Airport
- Da Nang International Airport
- Hai Phong
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hon Gai
- Nghi Son Seaport
- Chan May Seaport
- Da Nang Seaport
- Duong Dong Seaport
- Cam Pha Seaport
- Nha Trang
- Quy Nhon Seaport
- Vung Tau Seaport
- Vung Ang Seaport
Note: The entry point can be changed as long as you will be using the same type of entry point to access Vietnam. Should you plan to change your travel way, e.g., from sea to air, making a new Vietnam e-Visa application will be necessary.
Benefits of Applying for a Vietnam visa online
The most essential bemefits of applying for visa online include:
- quick and intuitive online application process
- basic Vietnam e-Visa requirements
- no need to visit Embassy in person
- short processing time - up to 5 business days
- approved e-Visa delivered to the email address
- professional support of visa experts throughout the entire application process